Here are 10 excellent reasons basic or primary veterinary care is so important:
- Vaccinations: prevention is ALWAYS better than cure and by keeping up with your pet’s vaccinations, you’re saving on vet’s bills in the future.
- Sterilisation: if performed before the animal is a year old, their risk of mammary cancer (high in pets) is dramatically reduced and, of course, we’re reducing the numbers of unwanted puppies and kittens.
- Microchipping: it’s the best way to be reunited with a lost pet and it takes just a few minutes to do.
- Nutrition: its the cornerstone of good health and another way to prevent disease later in life.
- Ear issues: can be the bane of many pet owners’ lives. It’s dangerous to take your pet’s ears into your own hands; professional diagnosis and treatment is essential.
- Parasite control: is especially important during tick and flea season when deadly biliary becomes a serious threat.
- Skin ailments: can be a real pain for a pet. Incessant scratching may not be a flea problem but could be allergy-related or a stress condition which, if left untreated, may lead to more serious issues.
- Education: all pet owners, young or old, new or experienced, need updated information on pet health. Your pet is likely to be with you for 10 years or more; times change, so does medical science.
- Weight: is so easy to put on and so difficult to lose, even for pets. But excess weight causes a host of long-term health problems like heart disease and diabetes.
- Early diagnosis: the earlier a health problem is identified, the easier it is to treat and the more positive the outcome.
EberVet Pet Clinic offers all of these services and more. And if we detect a serious medical issue that needs specialist attention, we can refer you to a partner veterinarian.