Country Animal Clinic reopens on Saturday, June 27 after a week’s closure due to a staff member testing positive for COVID-19. Here is a statement from senior veterinarian, Dr Ingrid de Wet:
“We have been following the guidelines for essential workers exposed to a COVID-positive person and our staff have been given the all-clear to return to work. We will reopen the practice on Saturday, 27 June.
We are pleased to report that our ill staff member is slowly but surely recovering at home and none of our other staff members have succumbed to COVID-19. This gives us confidence that the santising and social distancing measures that we have implemented at the practice have been effective.
We are eager to return to work and see your four-legged family members again. But we are conscious of both your health and the health of our staff members. Thus, we are taking the following measures to keep everyone as safe as possible:
- Our ill staff member will remain at home until she has been cleared for work by her health care provider.
- The practice has been thoroughly cleaned and sanitised.
- All staff and clients are to wear masks while in the building.
- Our staff will be monitored for symptoms of COVID throughout the work day and any staff member showing symptoms will be instructed to self-isolate at home.
- All clients are requested to sanitise their hands as they enter the building.
- The consultation room and cages will be sanitised after each patient.
- Our staff will sanitise their hands on arrival at work and after contact with every patient and client.
- Our waiting area, reception desk and high touch areas will be sanitised regularly throughout the day.
- We will continue to limit the number of people in our waiting area, and request that after announcing your arrival you wait in your car with your pet until the vet is ready to see you.
- We encourage you to phone ahead for an appointment so that we can reduce waiting time and congestion in the waiting room.
- We request that you phone/email/WhatsApp to order food or medication so that we can prepare it in advance for you thus further minimising waiting and congestion.
We thank you for your care and support over the last week. We understand that it was a difficult week for everyone. We are grateful for your continued support as we open and can’t wait to see you and your furry babies again soon.”
Dr Ingrid de Wet, senior veterinarian, Country Animal Clinic